Thursday 2 May 2013

Panic Attack


So last week I had a slight panic attack... Crying, hyperventilating, sniffling, hiccups all of it. Why? I find myself at the verge of real life and that scared me; I found myself starting to doubt my future, talent and this 'light' inside of me. 

Since I was eight I have always known without a shadow of doubt that I wanted to do something in media. Let me give you a quick timeline...

8yrs Old - TV Presenter
10yrs Old - Oprah (After reading her autobiography) 
14yrs Old - Actress
17yrs Old - Producer/Director
20yrs Old (till present) - PR/Advertising 

After about an hour of panic, and words from my wonderful mother, I realised what I was really scared of. I was scared of my potential; that I might actually be worth more than I actually believe I am. In my head I always wonder why and if people will hire me or pay me to write or have these big ideas, then I realised, I can hire myself. My greatest fear is that I am or could be greater than my mind can envision. 

I will no longer doubt myself; I will no longer box myself up and accept mediocrity. With hard work, and God's help, I can achieve the things I dare to dream... 

'A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps' (Proverbs 16:9).

Twitter: @HephzIsBlessed

No comments:

Post a Comment